[mythtv] high cpu load for xorg with 50fps playback

Mark Kendall mark.kendall at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 17:06:56 UTC 2007

On 4/27/07, Markus Schulz <msc at antzsystem.de> wrote:
> Am Freitag, 27. April 2007 schrieb Martin Long:
> No, i'm using RTC (and also tried opengl-vsync). Booth have the same
> problem. I've also added some debug code inside
> RTCVideoSync::WaitForFrame to check how often CalcDelay was called. But
> on my 50Hz beamer its mostly zero, on my 75Hz CRT 10-15 calls per
> WaitForFrame.

Markus

What happens with bobdeint when displaying at 50Hz? Does it have the
same problem?

I've had a quick look at your patch  and have a couple of observations
 (assuming you were intending to submit it at some point!)

- I don't think the extra setting is necessary. The videooutput method
should know that full frame rate is required from the type of
deinterlacer - and there's nothing to be gained from doubling the
frame rate if you're not deinterlacing.

- you shouldn't really need to buffer the frame for the second pass.
Ideally the filter should detect the frame numbers are the same and
act accordingly. Looks like the filter is already doing its own
buffering. I appreciate you're working with pre-existing filter code.

Do you know how the filter actually deinterlaces?

Regards

Mark