[mythtv] Sort by file name not title in gallery view?

Royce Souther osgnuru at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 19:22:35 UTC 2007

RANT ALERT!  I love MythTV and you guys are doing a great job, but...

I can submit it as a patch, but the problem with that is that all my
attempts to build from the main branch have failed so if I do submut a patch
it will be for a version that is not the newest one all the developers are
working on. I spent three days trying to build the new code branch just to
try one feature that I was not sure I wanted and for my troubles I ended up
with NFG dead MythTV box. So I have reinstalled and have no desire to
compile the new code branch any time soon.

I wish there was a better way for people like me to automatically compile
the newest code branch. I have tried a few scripts but there is so many
changes that it just seems like I spend more time messing with trying to
compile the code branch long before I would ever get a chance to do anything
that I want.

On 4/29/07, Brad DerManouelian <myth at dermanouelian.com> wrote:

> On Apr 29, 2007, at 8:48 AM, Royce Souther wrote:
>
> > So the answer is actually NO. Removing the metadata is not an
> > acceptable option. Basically if there is no data in the title field
> > the problem is ignored.
> >
> > I guess I will be hacking a fork of the code for my own use then.
> >
> > Thanks for your time.
>
> Or better yet, write the code that suits your needs and submit a
> patch in case anyone else would like this feature as well!

Tiem [teem] (n)
  The group of losers that follow you around at work and take credit for
your brilliant ideas.