[mythtv] Various nuvexport/mythtranscode problems

James Fidell james at fidell.co.uk
Wed Aug 1 21:20:37 UTC 2007

(mythtv-0.20-fixes, nuvexport-0.4-0.20070717.svn,
mplayer-1.0-60_r23482.el5 running on CentOS5)

I have a recording from DVB-T that began before the actual channel
started transmitting (I was recording the first show of the day and
starting early by a few minutes meant the channel wasn't live yet).

I can set cutpoints for the programme and playback within mythtv without
a problem, but nuvexport fails because mplayer fails to find any audio
streams which leaves the variables

  $episode->{'finfo'}{'audio_sample_rate'}
  $episode->{'finfo'}{'audio_channels'}

empty and thus causes ffmpeg to fail when nuvexport starts it.

I believe that mythtranscode also segfaults on the same input though I
had to do some hackery to get that far and may have inadvertently done
something else to cause mythtranscode to break.

I thought I'd try a straight lossless transcode, but that doesn't appear
to work either.  I just get an empty output file and no errors.

(Both these last two mythtranscode attempts were supposed to be using
the cutlist.)

It looks possible that the mythtranscode problems may have been fixed in
svn, but I don't see anything that looks like a fix for nuvexport.
Before I go and back everything up and try to upgrade to svn so I can
test it, is anyone able to comment on the likely status of these issues?

Thanks,
James