[mythtv] TV-Listings Grabber

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Mon Aug 6 10:43:14 UTC 2007

On Monday 06 August 2007 02:26:55 Andreas wrote:
> Hi all,
> where would I find information about writing my own tv-listings grabber and
> how to integrate it with MythTV? I think I have read somewhere that the
> listings have to be in the XMLTV format, but how do I get them from there
> into the MythTV database?

If you intend to distribute this grabber then your best course would be to
create an XMLTV grabber adhering to the xmltv specification.
http://xmltv.org/wiki/howtowriteagrabber.html

This means it supports the baseline and manualconfig capabilities. It will
then be detected when you run mythtv-setup and will be run automatically run
daily, with the correct options by mythbackend (using mythfilldatabase).

--
Stuart Morgan