[mythtv] mythtv-vid branch needs testing

Mark Kendall mark.kendall at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 17:48:30 UTC 2007

On 8/9/07, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
> sorry for that last email, i needed to recompile mythplugins.
>
> Now I'm trying to watch an SD show to see if it uses the OpenGL
> renderer and see how the new scaling works out. I'm noticing this in
> the log: which shows its turning on and off the deinterlacing,
> something it used to do before. These are from captures of analog
> stations over firewire. Is there a way to force deinterlacing on
> automatically?

Not as far as I'm aware.

> Also, is there more than one option for scaling in the OpenGL renderer
> or is the default the "best quality" its going to be able to provide?

The default scaling (when needed) is bilinear filtering.

At some point in the next few months, I'll finish the code I started
for bicubic filtering which will be the first step towards true
'upscaling'. This is likely to require sifnificant gpu horsepower
though.

Regards

Mark