[mythtv] trunk/themes gone in r14174

Nick F nikos.f at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 18:07:07 UTC 2007

On 8/13/07, Justin Hornsby <justin.hornsby at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 13/08/07, Nick Morrott <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com> wrote:
> As far as I'm concerned, it's not a temporary thing.
>
> I should probably have never allowed myself to be talked into getting
> commit access & putting those themes in there.  I've always had a
> love/hate affair with my themes, and the way I continue to feel about
> them is that I'd be happy if they just vanished into thin air.
>
> One theme turned into two, then four, then six.. maintaining them all,
> especially when I don't use them is a burden I no longer want to feel.
> Spending more time than is healthy in IRC probably hasn't helped
> matters either.
>
> Anybody with commit access can bring them back if they want, I no
> longer want to have anything to do with them.

First off - I think the themes are great!  I use blootube as my theme. So,
thanks!

Secondly - isn't it the point of open source software that one person isn't
responsible for everything.  Once they're in svn, others can submit patches,
tickets, etc - and lots of people work with them.  So - my personal
recommendation is undo the delete, but make it clear you don't have the time
to keep the themes up to date, and others should step forward.

But, either way, I've enjoyed your themes - both when they were on your
website, and more recently on svn.