[mythtv] Displaying messages from mythshutdown in mythfrontend - ideas?

Peter Schachte schachte at csse.unimelb.edu.au
Mon Aug 20 03:43:49 UTC 2007

Matthew Wire wrote:

> Actually, it may be easier than I thought... Attached is a quick patch
> to the network control interface to allow a dialog to be displayed.

I haven't tested this, but it sounds like exactly what I've been looking for
(to prompt for DVD insertion), so I'll comment on it anyway.

It would be nice if there were a /programmatic/ way to pop the dialog back
down.  For my application, I'd like the dialog to go away automatically once
the user has inserted a DVD.  I have a process that keeps trying to mount the
DVD drive, but I need a way to pop the dialog back down once it succeeds.

A couple more potential limitations to think about:
  Will this work while an external application (eg, mplayer or a game emulator)
is running?
  Will this pause the internal player when it pops up, and continue it when it
pops back down?

Anyway, thanks for implementing this.  Even if none of these things can be
handled, I'll definitely use it as soon as it makes its way into a released
version.

--
Peter Schachte              There is a sufficiency in the world for man's
schachte at cs.mu.OZ.AU        need but not for man's greed.