[mythtv] MythTV 0.20.2

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Sat Aug 25 13:26:53 UTC 2007

On Saturday 25 August 2007 13:59:40 Michael Tiller wrote:
> My concern is with schema and protocol issues.  I'm assuming (please tell
> me if I'm wrong) that you can't upgrade a system current running a trunk
> version (r13818) to the latest version on the fixes branch.  If not, then
> what are my options for SD support?

Trunk includes SD support. Downgrading from trunk to 0.20.2 or -fixes can be
done, but it is likely to cause some headaches and I wouldn't recommend it.
Just upgrade to the latest version of trunk instead.

Depending on the issues you were having with your HDHomeRun, there isn't a
guarantee that the fixes were back-ported. Occasionally fixing a problem
means dramatic changes or re-structuring of the code, those fixes rarely make
it back into -fixes because there is a chance of introducing new problems.
--
Stuart Morgan