[mythtv] mythtv-vid branch needs testing

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Sat Aug 25 17:04:11 UTC 2007

Daniel Kristjansson <danielk at cuymedia.net> says:
> > The current Xv scaling is bilinear as well correct?

> This depends on the hardware + drivers. MythTV has no control over
> it. Using nvidia cards + drivers the quality of the filtering has
> varied greatly for me depending on driver release, driver options
> and hardware.

Oh? This is the first I've heard that Nvidia's Linux Xv
implementations vary by hardware and software (as opposed to, say, the
5200's ability to do hardware-based brightness/contrast and color OSDs
with XvMC, or recent drivers' addition of the UseEvents option). What
would you suggest as the "best" hardware/driver combination, then, in
your experience?