[mythtv] [mythtv-users] SVN Trunk compile error

Paul Harrison mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Sun Aug 26 11:09:10 UTC 2007

Joel Melohn wrote:
> Sorry, I forgot to turn off the html formatting.
>
> I am attempting to compile mythtv SVN trunk. When I run “configure” I am
> getting the error:
>
> “QMAKESPEC has not been set, so configuration cannot be deduced.”
>
> Could anyone tell me what I overlooked?
>
> Output from the “configure” command:
>
> [root at testmythserver mythtv]# ./configure --with-bindings=perl
> # Basic Settings
> Compile type     release
> Compiler cache   symlink gcc
> DistCC           no
> Install prefix   /usr/local
> CPU              x86_32 (athlon)
> big-endian       no
> MMX enabled      yes
> CMOV enabled     yes
> CMOV is fast     no
>
> # Input Support
> Joystick menu    yes
> lirc support     no
> Apple Remote     no
> Video4Linux sup. yes
> ivtv support     yes
> FireWire support no
> DVB support      yes [/usr/include]
> DBox2 support    yes
> HDHomeRun sup.   yes
> IPTV support     yes
>
> # Sound Output Support
> OSS support      yes
> ALSA support     yes
> aRts support     no
> JACK support     no
> DTS passthrough  no
>
> # Video Output Support
> x11 support      yes
> xrandr support   yes
> xv support       yes
> XvMC support     no
> XvMC VLD support no
> XvMC pro support no
> XvMC OpenGL sup. no
> Mac acceleration no
> OpenGL vsync     no
> DirectFB         no
>
> # Misc Features
> Frontend         yes
> Backend          yes
>
> # Bindings
> bindings_perl    yes
>
> Creating libs/libmyth/mythconfig.h and libs/libmyth/mythconfig.mak
>
> WARNING: If you plan to watch HDTV recordings you probably
>          need to run ./configure with --enable-proc-opt
>
> libs/libmyth/mythconfig.h is unchanged
> QMAKESPEC has not been set, so configuration cannot be deduced.
> Error processing project file: /root/src/mythtv/mythtv/mythtv.pro
> [root at testmythserver mythtv]#

Looks like you need to make sure the QMAKESPEC environment variable is
set properly.
Have you tried compiling as a non root user? It possible that the
required variables aren't being set for the root user but are for normal
users. You shouldn't really be compiling anythings as root anyway.

Also it bad form to send the same message to both lists. Some people get
really angry when you do that :-).

Paul H.