[mythtv] Channel Guide does not display any information even though database has it.

Ravneet Singh thecheatah at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 06:25:25 UTC 2007

When I use the mythtv frontend, my channel guide displays Unknown
(Unknown) for every channel. At first I thought this was due to the
recent changes in the zap2it services, but after further
investigation, I dont believe it is because of this.

When I run the following query in the mythtv database, I get the right
result back and I can verify it from tvguide.com:
SELECT * FROM `program` WHERE `program`.`starttime` < NOW() and
`program`.`endtime` > NOW()

I dont understand why the program guide would turn out empty. I tried
to go through all the options in the backend and on the frontend, but
I couldnt find any real reason for it to not work.

BTW: Everything else still works, such as watching channels, even
editing callsigns in the database reflects the changes in the guide.

I am really stumped :-(.
Is there another table besides the program table where the data lives?

Thanks