[mythtv] Channel scanning/validation in trunk (feedback post r14355 )

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 12:33:39 UTC 2007

On 8/30/07, Janne Grunau <janne-mythtv at grunau.be> wrote:
> On Friday 31 August 2007 01:28:16 Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> > On Thu, 2007-08-30 at 18:50 -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> > > Oh, and on the wow side...  Nice work on the scanner since the last
> > > time I used it, Daniel.  Looks good, gives good feedback, and is
> > > easy to use. Once I did my scan, I used "Fetch channels from
> > > listings source" and it matched up the xmltvid's automatically (and
> > > even took care of subchannels where the broadcaster didn't
> > > distinguish between callsigns).  This was soooo much easier than
> > > the last time I did a scan.
> >
> > When did you last do a channel scan?
>
> The same question came to my mind.

The last time I tried an ATSC scan with my A180's was right after the
initial check in of the new scanning code before you and Daniel, etc.
started checking in bug fixes. I had done it to see how well it
worked, I didn't need to do it to add channels and Comcast only
recently started including the channel names with their PMT data (or
wherever its kept, i forget...). It ran flawlessly for me this last
go-round, and thankfully I chose the right frequency table =)

--
Steve