[mythtv] thoughts about the "mythtv sucks" comments... " was "video sources"

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Wed Dec 5 15:42:03 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-12-05 at 07:24 -0800, hendrixski at storsint.com wrote:
> > I guess what i'm trying to say is that in quite a few areas of myth you
> > end up needing a lot of background knowledge. Would these sessions of
> > yours help with this? That I don't know....
>
> Well, I don't want this to be known as my idea, I'm just brainstorming
> publicly.  I know that with Debian packaging the rabit hole goes pretty
> deep, and Ubuntu has a TON of training opportunities to turn newbies into
> valuable contributors, and then sessions to turn valuabla contributors
> into full blown developers.
>
> Would it help?  Shall we find out?  Who's up for giving it a try?

We don't have Ubuntu's billionaire backing, but seriously all you have
to do is implement a valuable idea and others will follow. Think like
the Ramones, if no one is making the music you like, make it yourself.
You don't have to be the most talented, the Ramones didn't even know
how to play their instruments when they started. By doing you will learn
what you need to know. The world is overflowing with great ideas and
even more people talking about great ideas, but is severely lacking in
people bringing ideas to fruition.

-- Daniel