[mythtv] MythTV on Windows

Andrei Tanas andrei at tanas.ca
Wed Dec 5 21:43:55 UTC 2007

>>The Backend is not so important because people tend to use another
>> machine dedicated as a backend or some times as a set top box. Either
>> way they can choose what ever OS they want to use.

> I'm waiting patiently for the backend services.  I recently bought a great
> deal on an HP media center machine for my desktop and it includes a Hauppague
> HD tuner.  I know it will be hard to get this working in Linux due to lack of drivers
> so I'd love to have a mini-backend service I can run on the Windows box as an
> overflow tuner rather than building yet another backend just for one more
> card.  My current backend is all out of PCI slots...

Hauppauge cards have very good driver (IVTV) for Linux, fully supported by Myth.
It's going to be relatively easy to fully port the backend to Windows using DirectShow for video capture, however I think having a stable frontend is a priority.

I am anxious to hear any feedback from "main" Myth developers regarding the Windows port. I am really interested in making it work, but I can't do it without their support.

Sent from BlackBerry®