[mythtv] DVB-S with no SDT / NIT tables (REDUX)

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Wed Dec 5 22:36:36 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-12-06 at 11:15 +1300, Steven Ellis wrote:
> Hence for "hidden" PIDS we'd use the channel table as follows
> mplex -> Points at Multiplex
> serviceid = -1 -> Indicates hidden channel with forced PIDS
> atsc_major_chan = vPID
> atsc_minor_chan = aPID

Ugh, no

> Feedback or alternative direction appreciated. Then I can look at
> implementing something that the local NZ/AU MythTV community can test.

Just set the sistandard to 'avpid', and then stick the pids in the
pidcache with a bogus tableid. This way multiple audio and video
pids can be supported. All you have to do to TVRec is extend
SetupDTVSignalMonitor with the new tuningmode. Implementing a
signal monitor and streamdata classes should be relatively simple.

-- Daniel