[mythtv] MythTV on Windows

Oliver Brown galaxiaguy at googlemail.com
Fri Dec 7 09:41:07 UTC 2007

On Dec 5, 2007 10:17 PM, Andrei Tanas <andrei at tanas.ca> wrote:

> > I have also tried the binaries on Vista 32bit (Core 2 duo 1.86GHz) and
> > am seeing similar results. The video plays slowly, with the audio
> > playing fine, jumping back every few seconds to keep in sync with the
> > video. CPU usage is around 20%. This happens for both SD DVB and
> > recordings from my PVR250 card.
>
> I didn't mention that I only implemented D3D windowed mode, fullscreen
> playback is expected to be slow at this point. I plan to work on the
> fullscreen mode soon. For now, try something like a 800x600 window. I would
> also love to make the UI resizeable, but that's later.
>
> Sent from BlackBerry(R)

Hi,

I got it running in a window (800x600) on Vista 32bit (Athlon 3000) and had
the same symptoms the second time I tried (the first time it froze
completely after the first few seconds). Both times it becamse unresponsive
and I had to close it forcefully. Both recordings were (different) DivX
transcodes.

If there's any other info I could give you that might help, let me know -
this is definitely something I'm interested in seeing working :o)

Oliver