[mythtv] BBC iPlayer integration (first version/bodge)

Richard Ablewhite richard.ablewhite at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 10:22:33 UTC 2007

Yep, fraid so. The beeb are only using RTMP and only 2/3 programs can
grab the streams and there all closed source windows projects. There
is however an open source Java project (Red5) which can serve streams
over the protocol though, so making a client based of that code may be
possible.

Also there would be another challenge to get the streams URL, the
windows programs snoop packets and grab it after the web page is
visited, so the beebs flash iPlayer would have to be
disassembled/reverse engineered through snooping traffic to see where
it gets the vid URL from. From what I can see the program XML files
and website only provide the stream details for the ident which is
played before the main vid.