[mythtv] deinterlace filters on HD channels stopped working

Sam Logen starz909 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 16 21:38:18 UTC 2007

Hi,

I upgraded MythTV svn from 15001 to 15161.

Now, on certain HD channels, motion (sports) has
become jittery.

This didn't happen with the ffmpeg decoder combined
with the 'Linear Blend' deinterlacer with SVN 15001.
With the same decoder and deinterlacer on SVN 15161,
I'm getting motion jittering just as if I wasn't using
a deinterlacer at all.

I've tested other combinations of deinterlacers with
ffmpeg and with xvmc, but there doesn't seem to be a
combination that produces a clear picture during
motion

Remember that this is only happening on some HD
channels, FOX HD appears free of this problem.  All of
the HD channels appeared clear when I used SVN 15001
with ffmpeg-linear blend combo.

Unfortunately I don't have time to make an in-depth
investigation now concerning this problem, but if
anyone knows what changes has occurred between the two
revisions concerning deinterlacing, maybe it can be
easily fixed.

Sam