[mythtv] DVB-C scan is messed up in MythTV

Tobias kaminsky at finswimmer.de
Fri Dec 21 18:14:54 UTC 2007

Am Friday 21 December 2007 schrieb Kim Bisgaard:
> Hi Tobias,
>
> I used w_scan to find the info.
> http://wirbel.htpc-forum.de/w_scan/index2.html
>
> Here is what I did:
> 1. Let w_scan write a czap channel file.
> 2. import this in mythtvsetup
> 3. correct the frequency in mysql table dtv_multiplex (I also set some
> null values to the default value as well, but I do not know if they did
> a difference)
>
> Good luck,
> Kim
>
> Tobias wrote:

> >> Assuming you have a legitimate account with your provider, you will have
> >> an official cable box. You should then be able to turn it into
> >> "engineering mode" (e.g. by booting it up when holding both the up and
> >> down buttons on the box or some other "trick"). In this mode there will
> >> be a helpful menu that will tell you your net id and some other info.
> >>
> >> You could also try asking on various sat forums on the web where someone
> >> may be able to tell you.
> >>
> >> Col
> >
> > Thanks for the quick reply.
> > There was an offer to buy such a cable box. But I saved this money
> > because I just had bought the dvb-c pci card which was expensive enough.
> > Maybe I can rent a box for a few days.
> > But it *should* be able to get the NID out of the stream?
> >
> > Tobi

Hi,

thank you for your suggestion.
This is my channels.conf created by w_scan: http://rafb.net/p/zkegyb44.html
> 3. correct the frequency in mysql table dtv_multiplex (I also set some
> null values to the default value as well, but I do not know if they did
> a difference)

That is a part where I have problems with:

mysql> select frequency from dtv_multiplex;
+-----------+
| frequency |
+-----------+
|  12070500 |
|  11797500 |
|  11719500 |
|  12031500 |
|  12460500 |
|  11914500 |
|  12148500 |
|  11875500 |
|  11758500 |
|  12480000 |
|  12721500 |
|  12544750 |
|  12051000 |
|  12246000 |
|  11435000 |
|  11567500 |
|  11739000 |
|  11778000 |
|  11817000 |
|  12633250 |
|  11895000 |
|  11934000 |
|  11973000 |
|  11953500 |
|  12012000 |
|  12129000 |
|  12187500 |
|  10861750 |
|  12207000 |
|  12226500 |
|  12285000 |
|  12304500 |
|  12324000 |
|  12343500 |
|  12363050 |
|  12382500 |
|  11836500 |
|  12421500 |
|  12402000 |
|  12515250 |
|  12551500 |
|  12574250 |
|  10832250 |
|  12669500 |
|  12603750 |
|  11317500 |
|  11597000 |
|  11038000 |
|  11156000 |
|  11992500 |
|  12692250 |
|  12640000 |
|  11685500 |
|  12580990 |
|  10979000 |
|  10876500 |
|  10773250 |
|  11856000 |
|  11097000 |
|  10788000 |
|  11508500 |
|  10847000 |
|  10817500 |
|  12662750 |
|  10920750 |
|  11479000 |
|  12265500 |
|  11670750 |
|  12522000 |
|  11538000 |
|  12441000 |
|  12090000 |
|  12168000 |
|  12109500 |
|  12610500 |
|  12699000 |
|  12728500 |
| 394000000 |
| 402013428 |
| 410006714 |
| 402006714 |
| 410000000 |
82 rows in set (0.00 sec)

You see 82, but wc channels.conf --> 44
And: How should i change the frequency? I mean: How do I know which frequency
is related to my channel in channels.conf?

Thanks,

Tobi