[mythtv] RecordPreRoll/RecordOverTime vs DefaultStartOffset/DefaultEndOffset

Bradley Kite bradley.kite at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 22:55:13 UTC 2007

Hi,

Before I create a patch for this, I'd like to get some clarification on this.

In the "TV Settings/General" settings on the front-end, you can set
'RecordPreRoll' and 'RecordOverTime', however when ever I create new
recording schedules these values are not used - DefaultStartOffset &
DefaultEndOffset are used instead.

Are they not one and the same thing? I have not found any GUI setting
that allows modification of DefaultStartOffset & DefaultEndOffset so
I'm confused.

If these are meant to be the same thing then I'll be happy to submit a
patch to fix it, as the only difference I can see is that one is in
minutes and the other is in seconds - or is there some other reason
they are different?

Many thanks
--
Brad.