[mythtv] A disruptive MythContext change is coming

Nigel Pearson nigel at ind.tansu.com.au
Fri Dec 28 09:01:20 UTC 2007

> I don't understand where the issue is.

They are linking with --as-needed.
(which is sort of the default situation
  with the Mac OS X or Windows/MinGW linkers).

I dunno if it is by choice, or if it is a
requirement of their distro or toolsets.

> i.e why bother to break the circular compile dep if it then means
> having
> all sorts for runtime dependencies

Good summary, Will :-)

Actually, the run-time dependency is sort of there now,
just not through vtables of the MythContext base class.

Binaries like mtd or mytharchivehelper, because they
initialise a MythContext, now also pull in libmythupnp
and libmythui - even if they don't seem to use them.

--
Nigel Pearson, nigel at ind.tansu.com.au| All science is;
Telstra Net. Eng., Sydney, Australia | either Physics,