[mythtv] Ticket # 4341, was: Why doesn't MythVideo's Video Manager run mythcommflag?

faginbagin mythtv at hbuus.com
Sat Dec 29 04:21:53 UTC 2007

First: My apologies to the list moderator. I sent this message earlier
with another account, not the one I used to subscribe to the list.

Thanks Chris, I'll keep my eyes open.

In the meantime, I will begin tinkering. I should mention my C++ and gdb
skills are rusty. For the past few years, most of my development was in
Java (J2EE), and then they turned me into an architect for the last
couple of years, meaning I didn't get to do much development, period.
Instead I spent a lot of time in meetings :( It will be fun to "get my
hands dirty." Just don't be surprised if it takes me a while to come up
with a solution.

One small accomplishment. I'm now running a mythfrontend I've compiled,
and it's loading my .so's, thanks to LD_LIBRARY_PATH. So I should be
able to see my mythvideo.so's symbols in gdb.

Helen