[mythtv] MythRecipe resurrection

Ma Begaj derliebegott at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 09:31:26 UTC 2007

2007/12/30, Kevin Wambsganz <wambs at verizon.net>:

> Hi,
>

> I'm planning to update and enhance the old MythRecipe plugin that I have the
> source to. I got the program to compile and some basic functionality is
> working. But there is a lot to do!
>

> My wife has a lot of recipes that I would like to import into Myth. This and
> the fact that we like and use MythTv every day. We like to do our part and
> add to MythTv. I also plan to add a web interface for MythRecipe as well. I
> also would like to have MythRecipe included as an official plugin once the
> development is done. I would also like to have a touch screen interface work
> well with MythRecipe, because we have a couple of them, especially one in
> the kitchen.
>

> So, I have the following questions for the MythTv community:
>

> Is there interest for this MythRecipe?

Absolutely. Since I enabled my touchscreen in the kitchen, I was
missing MythRecipe. I stopped using after having a lot of problems to
make it work with latest SVN one year ago.

> For MythTV users, what kind of things would you want in a Recipe program?

1. Nice and clear view. It could be nice to be able to import recipes
with pictures. It would be great if it could be able to import recipes
from major sites or even better offer way to call a script/program
which would return recipes in XML format which could be imported in
DB. These scripts could work the same way as XMLTV grabbers.

2. It would be great to be able to play LiveTV (or even much better
play recordings) in the small part of the MythRecipe window like when
you click on the Guide while watching LiveTV. LiveTV is shown in the
upper right part of the screen.