[mythtv] [ivtv-users] PVR-350 and MythTV support

Sam Varshavchik mrsam at courier-mta.com
Fri Feb 2 00:56:33 UTC 2007

Boleslaw Ciesielski writes:

> Sam Varshavchik wrote:
>> The problem I have is with the ivtv_fb.ko
>> module.  It loads without any errors, but TV-Out remains a blue screen
>> in 0.9; unlike in 0.8 where upon loading ivtv_fb.ko, which happens long
>> before starting X and loading ivtv_xdriver, the TV-Out signal drops from
>> blue to green to black.  That does not happen with 0.9's ivtv_fb.ko, it
>> remains at its initial power-up state of solid blue.  I can see from
>> Xorg's logs that it starts up and apparently continues to run fine,
>> thinking that there's nothing wrong with the framebuffer, except that
>> nothing actually appears on TV-Out.
>
> Forgive me if it's already been covered, but are you sure that you don't
> have the missing saa7127 problem?

That's the next thing I'm going to look into.  I wasn't aware of this issue
until yesterday, when I trawled Google again.  There's nothing in
/var/log/messages that complains about any missing module.  If something
yelled loud and hard, at me, about some missing module, I would've picked it
up right away.  grepping for saa7127 in /var/log/messages comes up empty,
but I'm going to try building it.