[mythtv] Patch nudge...

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Fri Feb 2 05:23:05 UTC 2007

* On Fri Feb 02, 2007 at 09:29:18AM +1100, William Uther wrote:
> It is that list that I posted to.  So far the response has been a
> little underwhelming (only one offer to test apart from myself).  I
> have had more responses than that, but mainly explaining why it would
> be hard for them to test.  Many of the Aus users have long ago turned
> off Myth's running of MFD and are using a randomised cron job to get
> a similar effect:

OK, OK, quit bugging me..... :)  j/k

I went ahead and applied this patch to my production master backend
and have turned off the MythFillGrabberSuggestsTime setting so that
the housekeeper will schedule my mythfilldatabase runs.  I set my
min/max to 1/7 so I should start seeing mythfilldatabase run at
random times during that time period.

If everything goes OK, I'll turn the 'grabber suggests' setting back
on and if its still OK, I'll let you know and will go ahead and get
this committed.  If it hoses up my system and causes all my schedules
and recordings to be deleted, you'll hear from my wife instead. ;)

I'll give it a few days to run at least, so if all is well, I'll post
something sometime next week.

--
Chris