[mythtv] [ivtv-devel] [ivtv-users] PVR-350 and MythTV support

Hans Verkuil hverkuil at xs4all.nl
Fri Feb 2 09:38:15 UTC 2007

On Friday 02 February 2007 01:56, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
> Boleslaw Ciesielski writes:
> > Sam Varshavchik wrote:
> >> The problem I have is with the ivtv_fb.ko
> >> module.  It loads without any errors, but TV-Out remains a blue
> >> screen in 0.9; unlike in 0.8 where upon loading ivtv_fb.ko, which
> >> happens long before starting X and loading ivtv_xdriver, the
> >> TV-Out signal drops from blue to green to black.  That does not
> >> happen with 0.9's ivtv_fb.ko, it remains at its initial power-up
> >> state of solid blue.  I can see from Xorg's logs that it starts up
> >> and apparently continues to run fine, thinking that there's
> >> nothing wrong with the framebuffer, except that nothing actually
> >> appears on TV-Out.
> >
> > Forgive me if it's already been covered, but are you sure that you
> > don't have the missing saa7127 problem?
>
> That's the next thing I'm going to look into.  I wasn't aware of this
> issue until yesterday, when I trawled Google again.  There's nothing
> in /var/log/messages that complains about any missing module.  If
> something yelled loud and hard, at me, about some missing module, I
> would've picked it up right away.  grepping for saa7127 in
> /var/log/messages comes up empty, but I'm going to try building it.

I was wondering myself why the yell was missing: turns out to be a
driver bug. It will yell if the saa7127 driver was compiled as a kernel
module and the kernel module was missing, but it would say nothing if
it wasn't in the kernel at all! This is now fixed and will be in the
next ivtv release.

Thanks,

	Hans