[mythtv] Removing UIRemoteEditType and MythRemoteLineEdit

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Sat Feb 3 04:19:32 UTC 2007

> For those that don't know, these allow cell(mobile)phone style text
entry
> using number keys in certain places throughout mythtv. I'm inviting
discussion on the removal of these from the code.
> Arguments for that would include:
> 1)  The 'new' popup keyboard provides the same functionality and
actually
> improves on it, allowing more characters and full case shifting etc. 2)
For those using keyboards it makes entering numbers difficult. 3) It
would go some way to simplifying and standardising the UI. There
is
> no
> pattern to the use of the remote entry types, some places use them
others
> don't. Reducing the number of text entry widgets would remove confusion
over
> which should be used in any particular context and improve consistency.
P.S. UIRemoteEditType appears to be just a wrapper around
> MythRemoteLineEdit?
> --
> Stuart Morgan

I'm NOT a touch typist so when I look up to see how far I've got and find
the numbers I've entered have got totally stuffed I get more than a bit
hacked off.

VNC is your friend if there is a lot of text entry :-)

My vote? - they go...

--
Robin Gilks