[mythtv] Is anyone using osx-packager.pl on OS X with x86?

Nigel Pearson nigel at ind.tansu.com.au
Mon Feb 5 00:42:12 UTC 2007

> One more quick question:  are you guys using the osx-packager.pl
> script or are you just checking out the source by hand and running
> ./configure and make?

Well, I do both at various times, but here is
the process I recently used on an empty machine:

1) Install SVN client binaries from packages here:
http://metissian.com/projects/macosx/subversion/

2) Get the osx-packager.pl script:
curl http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/browser/trunk/mythtv/contrib/OSX/osx-
packager.pl?format=txt

3) Make it executable
chmod 777 osx-packager.pl

4) Run it
./osx-packager.pl --verbose

If you have the whole of SVN mythtv/trunk checked out,
that could be the problem, although I can't see how.
(Maybe make VPATH stuff?)

A) I would recommend deleting everything
except the script, and trying again.
(That includes umounting the extra volume,
  rm'ing .osx-packager* and mythtv)

B) Check that there are no other libmyth*.dylib
installed anywhere on your computer. Use either
SpotLight, or find / name libmyth\*

C) Run ./osx-packager.pl --verbose | grep dylib
to see what symlinks are being created, and why.

D) I may eventually modify the script so that it
builds its own svn binaries if none are available?