[mythtv] Issues changing PREFIX

Gunnar Strand GStrand at gustra.org
Mon Feb 5 06:06:51 UTC 2007

Hi,

I've built MythTV 0.20 on a Debian unstable x86 system and I am using a
non-default installation directory, even for some external libs as well.
It appears that neither the configure --extra-ldflags flag nor the
LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable are honored, so I can't tell the make process
to use /opt/lib (where libmp3lame is stored). Manually editing the
Makefiles for the parts depending on libmp3lame got me past that problem.

Here's the configure line:

./configure --prefix=/opt/app/mythtv-0.20 --extra-cxxflags=-I/opt/include

It seems like the configuration assumes that any "missing" libs are
located in the standard paths or in the PREFIX/lib directory. Is there
any way to have configure add other library paths to the Makefiles?

There were similar problems building the plugins 0.20a. I added
-L/opt/lib in the settings.pro file to get around it.

The configure line:

./configure --prefix=/opt/app/mythtv-0.20

The themes just worked as expected and found the /opt/lib directory
automatically.

I had added the /opt/lib directory to ld.so.conf and ran ldconfig,
before I started building the source.

Kind Regards,

/Gunnar