[mythtv] Building without X dependancies...

richard at mawson.org.uk richard at mawson.org.uk
Tue Feb 6 18:31:27 UTC 2007

On Tue, Feb 06, 2007 at 10:09:00AM +1100, Nigel Pearson wrote:
> > 2. Compiling now complains about:
> >
> > ../../libs/libmyth/libmyth-0.20.so: undefined reference to
> > `ScreenSaverX11::ScreenSaverX11()'
> >

> > It seems that screensaver.cpp instantiates ScreenSaverX11 due
> > to Q_WS_X11 being defined - picked up from a system header file.
> >
> > I hacked this to instantiate ScreenSaverNull instead and it
> > compiled fine, but still has a dependence on X.
> >

> > Does anyone have any ideas?
>

> Probably libmyth/util-x11.cpp
>

> Try changing any Q_WS_X11 to something like USING_X11
> in all these files:
>

> % find . -name \*.cpp -exec egrep Q_WS_X11 {} \; -print
> #undef Q_WS_X11 /* Even if we have an X server in WIN32, don't use
> X11... */
> #if defined(Q_WS_X11)
> #if defined(Q_WS_X11)
> ./libs/libmyth/screensaver.cpp
> #include <qglobal.h> // for Q_WS_X11 define
> #ifdef Q_WS_X11
> #endif // Q_WS_X11
> #ifdef Q_WS_X11
> #endif // Q_WS_X11
> #ifdef Q_WS_X11
> #else // if !Q_WS_X11
> #endif // !Q_WS_X11
> #ifdef Q_WS_X11
> #ifdef Q_WS_X11
> #endif // Q_WS_X11
> ./libs/libmyth/util-x11.cpp
> #ifdef Q_WS_X11
> #ifdef Q_WS_X11
> ./programs/mythfrontend/main.cpp
> #ifdef Q_WS_X11
> ./programs/mythtv/main.cpp
> #ifdef Q_WS_X11
> #ifdef Q_WS_X11
> ./programs/mythtv-setup/main.cpp

Thanks for the suggestion Nigel, but having changed all those
references it does the same. Running mythfrontend:

mythfrontend: cannot connect to X server

Perhaps I don't understand the capabilities though. Should mythtv be
able to display ALL its menus as well as live tv and recordings direct
on a PVR-350 framebuffer device without X installed or being redirected
to another X server? Not having seen it work, and having compilation
problems as I do I'm starting to question myself.. ?

The reason I cannot have X is this is running in a xen domain, and
there are issues running X properly. It would be nice to know that
someone else is attempting the same sort of thing and has got a little
further than I have.