[mythtv] "A", "An", and "The" for sorting - ticket 3048

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Wed Feb 7 00:35:44 UTC 2007

Nigel Pearson <nigel at ind.tansu.com.au> says:
> I think the only way to satisfy this _perfectly_
> would be to have a "Sort As" field for everything
> in the database that has a displayed name.

[...]

> I personally am not sufficiently motivated
> to add something like this, though.

While I agree it's something to shoot for as the optimal solution, I
agree that it's probably not going to come along anytime soon.

> > IMHO, unless you're able to include all three of these criteria,
> > you might as well just sort the band name exactly as-is.
>
> That would be my vote!

Mine as well, *for MythMusic*. For TV programs and recordings,
article-stripping-when-sorting is clearly the right way to go as the
default (although an option to turn this off wouldn't be a bad idea).