[mythtv] Request: MythHelp

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Wed Feb 7 17:15:29 UTC 2007

Robin Neatherway wrote:
> I will test it. This has been quite a fun thread to read, so I will do
> that in exchange. I think making Myth DB-independent would be good
> idea generally to be honest. What's the point of ISO SQL if not for
> that?

Let me summarize past discussions about this:

MythTV will move to embedded MySQL before it goes multi-DB.

You may not like the answer, but that's what has been decided up to this
point.  It's not a matter of which DB is better (you'll find just as
many people who will argue that MySQL is *way* better than Postgres),
but which scenario is easier for the majority of users to install/maintain.

-Chris