[mythtv] "A", "An", and "The" for sorting - ticket 3048

Peter Schachte schachte at csse.unimelb.edu.au
Mon Feb 12 04:11:32 UTC 2007

Joshua M Thompson wrote:

> (and speaking of letters will Video Manager ever allow me to hit a
> letter and jump to that part of the list? I have something like 5,100
> videos and scrolling to anything that's not near the beginning or end of
> the list is an exercise in extreme frustration...)

That'd be great if you've got a proper keyboard, but not too much help if
you're just using a remote.  How about using the digit keys?  Pressing a digit
key n could jump you to n/9 of the way through the list.  Eg, pressing 0 takes
you to the beginning, 9 to the end, 3 to 1/3 of the way through the list, and 5
to 55.5% of the way through.  I'd find that useful when scrolling through
artists in mythmusic, too.

--
Peter Schachte              We must not think that computation ... has place
schachte at cs.mu.OZ.AU        only in numbers.