[mythtv] Stupid developer question

Alan Perry alanp at snowmoose.com
Mon Feb 12 17:07:53 UTC 2007

Quoting Frank Lynch <frank.lynch at gmail.com>:

> On 2/12/07, Alan Perry <alanp at snowmoose.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am porting MythTV to OpenSolaris.  I got all of the libraries and
> > filters to build and now I am building the programs.  When the build
> > goes to link the first program (mythtv), I am seeing about a 1000
> > missing symbols, almost all of them look like they are part of qt.  What
> > did I screw up?
> >
> > alan
> >

> Hi Alan,
> Perhaps you missed one of the qt libs, or built it with an incorrect
> configuration?
> You might want to post the actual linker errors, or at least a list of
> the symbols that were missing, then someone might help you identify
> the library that you've got an issue with.
> regards,
> --Frank

Thanks, Frank.  I figured that the problem was so basic that someone would
respond "hey, moron, you forgot to ..."  Didn't realize that it was actually
going to take some analysis to diagnose.

The builds are on a machine not connected to a network, so I don't have the
build output handy.  As I noted before, it is about a 1000 missing symbols
lines, from things like QString and QComboBox.  It looks none of the qt
libraries are getting linked.

alan