[mythtv] Calling all Flash developers (for MythWeb)

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Thu Feb 15 07:34:09 UTC 2007

Yes, you heard me right.  I'm looking for someone (or someones) with
experience dealing with Flash, and Flash Video in particular.  I am
hoping to get flv streaming added to MythWeb for .21 (no release date,
so I'm hoping this means we have a bit of time).

I am currently testing things with:

    http://www.jeroenwijering.com/?item=Flash_Video_Player

It's open source (creative commons license), but because of it's "no
commercial" and "require attribution" requirements, it is not GPL
compatible, so I can't include it with MythWeb.  It also has a number of
shortcomings that I would like to be able to include in MythWeb.

Aside from the standard list of things like auto-resize, auto-play, etc.
supported by flvplayer.swf, my want list includes:

 * Option for auto-download (different from auto-play)
 * Progress bar that updates based on what's been downloaded instead
   of just what's already been played (youtube does this).

There are probably more that I just can't think of at the moment.

Eventually, I would also like to be able to include LiveTV support, so
there would also need to be some interaction with MythWeb to get channel
lists, send channel-change commands, etc.  But that would come after
getting basic video streaming functional.

-Chris