[mythtv] recent svn freeze on ffwd/rwnd (was Re: Cutlist editor is broken in 0.21 'bleeding' builds)

Martin Ebourne lists at ebourne.me.uk
Sat Feb 17 01:44:56 UTC 2007

On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 12:39:47 +0000, David Matthews wrote:
> I upgraded to the latest svn recently and started seeing these symptoms
> when fast forwarding a recording or skipping forward.  After a few of
> these log messages the frontend would freeze and the only option was to
> kill it.  I traced the problem to the ffmpeg update in 12645 and some
> code that was added to libs/libavcodec/mpeg12.c .  I ifdef'd it out and
> it fixed the problem.  It doesn't seem to have had any adverse effects.
>
> I don't know enough about the interaction between mpeg12.c and the
> higher levels to know the right way of dealing with this so I'm not
> proposing this as a patch to myth.  I suspect the problem has to do with
> mpeg streams with errors.  Due to having a slightly noisy signal there
> are always a few mpeg errors reported in my log.

I've having the same problem, random hang when skipping in a dvb
recording. Our signal's pretty good though so I'm not convinced on the
errors in the stream reason. Also worked just fine for years and only
started doing this last Sunday when I updated to svn head again. It does
it a lot when skipping ads now.

Thanks for the patch/hack I'll try it out and see if it helps.

Cheers,

Martin.