[mythtv] Updated patch for directshow filters with MythTV (for CoreAVC)

Alan Nisota alannisota at gmail.com
Sat Feb 17 03:49:24 UTC 2007

Andrew Lyon wrote:
> On 2/16/07, Alan Nisota <alannisota at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Andrew Lyon wrote:
>> a good
>> had a
>> this

>> want to
>> modes
>> this is

>> values
>> >
>> > Tried it, no change.
>> Ok, one last msg, then I need to go to bed:
>> This crude hack fixes the color problem for me, so it does show that it
>> is an alignment issue:
>> in avformatdecoder.cpp:
>>     avctx->get_buffer(avctx, picture);
>>     ret = DS_VideoDecoder_DecodeInternal(dshowdec, buf, len, 0, (char
>> *)picture->data[0]);
>> //    printf("\tret: %d\n", ret);
>> //    frm->type    = FF_BUFFER_TYPE_USER;
>> +    memmove(picture->data[0] + 1440*1088 + 1440 * 1088 / 4,
>> picture->data[0] + 1440*1080 + 1440*1080 / 4, 1440*1080 / 4);
>> +    memmove(picture->data[0] + 1440*1088, picture->data[0] + 1440*1080,
>> 1440*1080 / 4);
>>     *got_picture_ptr = 1;
>>

>> Note that I hardcoded the resolution so it'll only work for this one
>> case, but it fixes the color offset on the samples I have.  Now that I
>> know what is wrong, I'll clean it up so the res isn't hardcoded and add
>> it to my patch tommorow.
>> If one of you UK folks could verify it is ok, that would be helpful.
>> I'll roll up all the patches I've posted and create a new CoreAVC patch
>> from them.
>>

> Tested with UK BBC HD, image is perfect, playback is a little jittery
> at times and cpu load is higher, I assume because of the extra
> calculation added to correct the colours/alignment... I will get a
> faster cpu if necessary.
Not sure if you need a faster CPU, but not for this specific reason.  I
just posted version 1.3 of the patch.  It resolves all issues I know
about, as well as fixing the resolution issue in a no-overhead manner.
There is other stuff in here besides patches I've posted to the list,
but I've been using it with good success so far.  I don't have any other
changes in my queue, so this'll probably be my last update to the patch
for a while unless I missed something, or someone has a specific request.
Note that the code as it is now should support any DirectShow codec that
works with mplayer, and is no longer limited to CoreAVC.  Of course I
haven't tested it, as ffmpeg does a pretty good job with everything
besides h264.