[mythtv] DCT-6200 firewire capture fubar? (was Re: [mythtv-users] Aspect/Zoom Override Menu UI

ame at spip.thehackers.org ame at spip.thehackers.org
Mon Feb 19 21:11:54 UTC 2007

Did anybody ever reach any conclusions about this? I'm having
exactly the same problem, and I can add some extra information:
the aspect ratio of the video is screwed up only when the
firewire is "enabled" by doing "plugctl 'oPCR[0].n_p2p_connections=1'".
After that, it seems like the cable box decides to stretch the
4:3 video to be 16:9, and then keeps only the leftmost 75% of the
image so it fits on a 4:3 frame. Now, when the firewire is
"disabled" again with "plugctl 'oPCR[0].n_p2p_connections=0'",
the aspect goes back to normal.

The screwup affects all the output coming out of the box, not
just the firewire: it can also be observed on the TV that is
directly connected to the DCT6200. Only analog (low) channels
seem afflicted: higher, digital channels are fine.

It seems to me that this must be a firmware problem (I have
16.20). I've contacted Comcast and Motorola, and it was a
complete waste of time; they don't even know what I'm talking
about. Anybody knows anyone working with firmware in Motorola?
Thanks,
Alvaro