[mythtv] imdb.pl

Johan Venter mythtv at vulturest.com
Tue Feb 20 03:30:21 UTC 2007

Lincoln Dale wrote:
>>> ^ probably will get shot down because I don't know what I'm doing :) I
>>> *think* I did what I was supposed to do ala tickethowto.
>> I hate updating imdb.pl. Looking at your patch it seems close, I'll try to
>> commit a slightly modified version later tonight.
>
> FWIW, if you're looking into ways of parsing the imdb website, what we have at
> http://svn.whuffy.com/index.cgi/browser/postprocessors/imdb_augment_data seems
> pretty robust.
>
> this is used as a plugin 'postprocessor' to the "shepherd" Australian XMLTV
> grabber, a sort of uber-grabber which uses multiple sources with redundancy &
> fallback (see http://svn.whuffy.com/).

I had never heard of Shepherd before today - seems like a really good
architecture.

I have it working fine from the command line, but can't seem to get it
running from mythfilldatabase. Any ideas on why I'm getting the following?

2007-02-20 13:29:41.529 ----------------- Start of XMLTV output
-----------------
shepherd v0.4.53

Reading configuration file: /home/mythtv/.shepherd/shepherd.conf
Reading channels file: /home/mythtv/.shepherd/channels.conf
Use of uninitialized value in numeric eq (==) at /usr/bin/tv_grab_au
line 2462.
Use of uninitialized value in numeric eq (==) at /usr/bin/tv_grab_au
line 2462.
/usr/bin/tv_grab_au line 2462.
Use of uninitialized value in array dereference at /usr/bin/tv_grab_au
line 2462.
Use of uninitialized value in numeric gt (>) at /usr/bin/tv_grab_au line
2462.
Use of uninitialized value in array dereference at /usr/bin/tv_grab_au
line 2462.
Use of uninitialized value in foreach loop entry at /usr/bin/tv_grab_au
line 2623.
Use of uninitialized value in foreach loop entry at /usr/bin/tv_grab_au
line 2623.
Illegal division by zero at /usr/bin/tv_grab_au line 2244.
2007-02-20 13:29:42.466 ------------------ End of XMLTV output