[mythtv] add support for SQLite?

Paul Harrison mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Wed Feb 28 18:10:19 UTC 2007

James Chapman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was considering working on support for SQLite but the wiki suggests it
> will never work. Anyone have more details?

There was some testing done about a year ago by Isaacs brother looking
at the possibility of using SQLite but the conclusion was it was just
two slow compared to MySQL. The main scheduler query was almost 6 times
slower. It was thought that the reason was because it only supports one
index per table and in mysql, it's using indexes for almost everything
in that big query. That was the status as of April last year not sure if
anything has changed in the meantime?

Paul H.