[mythtv] Display Old Original Air Dates?

Tony Lill ajlill at ajlc.waterloo.on.ca
Wed Feb 28 23:22:26 UTC 2007

"Tim Musa" <opel1970 at gmail.com> writes:

> On 2/27/07, Russell Mora <rd.mora at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Tim,
>> You might want to try out the patch in
>> http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/2864
>>
>> HTH
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Russell.
>>

> Reading through the history of the patch, it looks like that could be the
> issue.  As I had mentioned in my original post, the "originalairdate" is
> populated in the "recorded" table, so I don't think this issue that I am
> dealing with would be due to NULL values, as there aren't any.  Though I
> don't know where the "hasAirDate" flag might be set.  I don't see anything
> in the "recorded" table that corresponds to this flag, or that "generic"
> field from the "program" table.
>
> I'm not quite up for testing this patch on my main system, don't want to
> screw anything up for my wife.  Maybe I'll put together a new box to see if
> this patch fixes the issue.  Glad to see that someone else has noticed this
> issue, since I am sure I wouldn't have been able to track down the solution
> as he did.
>
> Thanks, Russell, for replying with this info.

All the program info data the backend sends to the frontend is
serialized by the routines I fixed. The old code converted a proper
date to a UNIX time, and so it gets cut off at 1969-12-31. The patch
should fix any problem with original airdates in the frontend.

It was a bit of luck I found it, since all of the rest of the code
correctly uses a QDate type, which is good back to the middle ages!

--
Tony Lill,                         Tony.Lill at AJLC.Waterloo.ON.CA
President, A. J. Lill Consultants        fax/data (519) 650 3571

Understatement of the century:
"Hello everybody out there using minix - I'm doing a (free) operating
 system (just a hobby, won't be big and professional like gnu) for
 386(486) AT clones"

	- Linus Torvalds, August 1991