[mythtv] Possible FLV player(s) for mythweb?

Martin Møller martin at mail.martinm-76.dk
Wed Feb 28 23:57:26 UTC 2007

Hi there.

It's not all that pretty and I'm not sure if it's streaming, but it *is* BSD licenced, which should be GPL compatible:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/webflv/

Source is present. Seems to be somewhat abandoned, so it would take some effort to make it really usable I think.

The MING framework looks promising, but is probably too big a mouthfull for mythweb to use...
http://klaus.geekserver.net/flash/streaming.html

There is a link to FLVPlayer source at the bottom and that seems to be GPL licensed. Maybe it could be made to work after all?

An opensource flash streaming server: http://osflash.org/red5

The player from this module seems nice as well, but I'm unsure of the license. Many of the files in the package are GPL'ed....
http://xprojects.co.uk/modules/xproject/index.php?op=viewSummary&pid=4

This one is unfree but looks nice, might to possible to support as a 'plugin'?

http://www.tufat.com/s_youtube_video.htm

Just some food for thought. I'm a bit behind on this list so if any of these have been up before, I appologize.

/Martin.