[mythtv] dvb-s2

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Tue Jan 2 13:11:29 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2006-12-30 at 19:04 +0000, Andrew Lyon wrote:
> Are there any plans to add support for dvb-s2 to myth? 	Manu Abraham
> is working on drivers for some cards but there will be a new api which
> myth would need to support. If it would help I am willing to buy a
> Technotrend S3200 + CI or other dvb-s2 card and lend it to a dev.

MythTV has supported DVB-S2 since the 0.20 release. But
I've been told that DVB-S2 won't be supported by the Linux
DVB project or added to their main branch until after the
next DVB API rewrite. What this means for MythTV is that
we need to wait until the DVB guys settle on a new API
before we can add support for official Linux DVB project
supported DVB-S2.

-- Daniel