[mythtv] HD Prebuffering Pauses on Frontend

Chris Dos chris at chrisdos.com
Tue Jan 2 22:02:02 UTC 2007

Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 01/01/2007 11:29 AM, Chris Dos wrote:
>> The summary of the problem is that HD playback seems to take a lot more CPU than
>> it use to, and it's causing prebuffering pauses.
>>

> Have you seen
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/242086#242086 ?

Yea, and I went through that as well.  The xorg process isn't consuming that
much.  Only around 12% or so.  It's the frontend process this is consuming a
full 2.0 ghz core.

I remember when I first got my combo backend/frontend upgraded in August with a
dual core, it was running about 35% on the xorg process, and around 40% on the
frontend process.

I haven't made any changes to X, but I have upgrade to 2.6.19 and the 2nd to
last nvidia driver because it was needed for 2.6.19.  I have upgraded SVN a few
times since August, but I don't know when the issue started occurring as the
backend is just powerful enough to handle HD right now running at about 90% on
one core.

Only once I started to play with my new frontend, did I notice something was wrong.

	Chris