[mythtv] MePo-wide. A New Mythtv Theme now available for downlaod.

Zdzislaw Gorlicki zdzisekg at comcast.net
Sat Jan 6 01:46:07 UTC 2007

Steven Adeff wrote:
> On 1/3/07, Zdzislaw Gorlicki <zdzisekg at comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> It's still work in progress, but after struggling with it for over two
>> months, I wanted to share it with you.
>> It was tested on trunk, but 0.20 should work as well. All core
>> components should work + mythmusic. Rest should be done within a month
>> or so.
>> You can get it from http://home.comcast.net/~zdzisekg/
>>
>> PLEASE READ THE "ABOUT" AND "README" PAGES on WEBSITE.
>>
>> Hope you guys enjoy it.
>>
>> Jesse.
>>

> some thoughts after using it today...
>
> the watch recordings screen space for the shows listed (the right
> side) does not give enough room to show the important info and the
> file size text takes up way too much room.
> Episode name/title is cut short to about 20 letters not enough to
> really be useful. The date only shows one letter (ie T for Thursday, W
> for Wednesday, etc). Also there is a lot of space in this area that is
> not being used which would allow more information to be shown.
>
> Also, the main menu requires scrolling, which is very annoying.

I think it's very important to stay consistent throughout the theme.I'll
try to complete the theme with the layout as is, however not having
enough room in the right panel and the bottom one did give me some
issues and I'll try to come up with a better idea for the different
screens in the future.

"watch recording" screen - , you still have to go through the list of
recordings to get to the one you want, as you go through all info is
displayed in the bottom panel. So I thought it's not that important to
have the same info displayed twice on the screen. that applies to most
other screens as well.

The T, W etc are displayed only in the "Recording Priority" screen.. T
is for "timeslot" and W is for "weekly" Is that what you're talking
about? If so, it only displays one letter because that's all that MythTV
is coded to display. It would require a patch to display full recorind

The menu always require scrolling. Depends on the number of menus on the
screen. Mine is setup to display 5 items, if you want to display more,
adjust it in the theme.xml