[mythtv] mythcommflag possible bug?

Søren Dalsgaard soren at dalsgaards.dk
Mon Jan 8 16:56:24 UTC 2007

On 06/01/07, Chris Pinkham <cpinkham at bc2va.org> wrote:

> * On Sat Jan 06, 2007 at 12:40:58AM +0100, S?ren Dalsgaard wrote:
> > I am running the latest mythtv official gentoo package. This afternoon
> my
> > "recordedseek" table got corrupt and after a repair I found that three
> > recordings were missing seek information. I tried rebuilding with
> > "mythcommflag --rebuild -c <chan> -s <time>" and that works fairly well.
> But
>
> --allstart and --allend can only be used with --all according to the help
> text given when you use --help.  --all is only for commercial flagging, it
> is
> not for seektable rebuilding.  So, there is no way to tell mythcommflag to
> rebuild seektables for programs that don't have one, it's not that smart,
> you have to tell it what to rebuild.
>
> This is not a bug.

Ok, but even when I do a rebuild of the seektable for a programme without a
seektable the result is that it is virtually impossible to edit the
recording as the key frames are with anything from ½ sec to several seconds
between them. Also, jumping back and forth in the recording is not possible.

Here is the command I used:

mythcommflag --rebuild -c 1503 -s 20070105203700

the correct program was printed on the console and transcoding went straight
through from 0% to 100%. It did complain about 2 missing codecs but I assume
that this relates to the DVB-T subtitles!? I don't have the exact codec
numbers here but can generate them.

Thanks,
Søren