[mythtv] Problem with mythtranscode?

Søren Dalsgaard soren at dalsgaards.dk
Mon Jan 8 23:30:18 UTC 2007

I tried using mythtranscode to cut off the unnecessary parts of a recorded
programme - I used this command:

mythtranscode -c <chan> -s <time> --mpeg2 --honorcutlist --profile
autodetect --mpeg2 --showprogess

Everything seems to run fine but I am left with a recording which has been
"mangled". There is still a cutpoint some minutes from the start, roughtly
where I put it, and everything before that point is whatever was on tv
before the programme (ie. the cutlist has not been honored with regards to
the first cutpoint. The length of the programme (pressing 'i' during
playback) shows that the total run length of the programme is roughly right
(didn't actually note it down but is seems ok). Weird thing is that once I
get to the total length of the actually programme mythtv continues playing
the recording but seeking is impossible.

Will mythtranscode not re-write the file?

I also noticed that when seeking inside the recording, the "key frames(?)"
show garbled video (chunky with boxes all over the picture) but playback
seems ok. Is that as expected?

Thanks,
Søren