[mythtv] Programs not getting scheduled (mythtv 0.20)

Jesse Crews jcrews at gridlox.net
Fri Jan 12 03:46:50 UTC 2007

Quoting Gervase Markham <gerv at gerv.net>:

> Matt Rude wrote:
>> try running optimize_mythdb.pl from the contrib dir. that will clean up
>> your database.
>
> It's not shipped with the Ubuntu version, so I downloaded the 0.20
> version from svnweb.
>
> I ran it as the mythtv user, and it completed without errors, but I
> still can't schedule recordings with mythweb. So, no improvement :-(

This happened to me when I had a power failure that corrupted my
database. I would expect your mysqlcheck mythconverg to show a problem
with the index in (probably) the program table. I'm pretty sure that's
the table what broke for me. After I had mysql rebuild the index
(check says "can't open foo.MYI"), all was well. Does mysqlcheck
mythconverg complain?

-Jesse