[mythtv] problems with a DVB-T channel scan in Canberra, Australia

Simon Kenyon simon at koala.ie
Wed Jan 17 09:44:28 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 16 January 2007 10:52, Stuart Auchterlonie wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 15, 2007 at 06:28:21AM +0000, Simon Kenyon wrote:
> > i here in Canberra on business and i brought with me my laptop and my
> > Terratec Cynergy Hybrid XS usb stick.
> > when i do a scan i get a set of channels, but there is an error
> >
> > the ABC channels are all on one multiplex, but the scan returns a
> > frequency of 205500000, whereas they really are on 205625000
> >
> > i found the (what turns out to be correct) frequency on the net with
> > google
>
> We use the frequency listed in the NIT as the authoritive source
> on the frequency of the mux.
>
> Can you get a copy of the logs from
> mythtv-setup --verbose siparser,channel,record
> and this will let us see what is going on.

well i cleared out the channel and dtv_multiplex tables and did a new scan
and now it gets the frequency right

all i can think is that the data being broadcast was somehow wrong at the time
i did my scan and it is now correct - a stretch i realise.

i will try again periodically while i am here and see if i can reproduce this

thanks for the help anyway

regards
--
simon