[mythtv] slow menu rendering qt

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Wed Jan 17 17:16:51 UTC 2007

Stuart Morgan <stuart at tase.co.uk> says:
> You don't say whether you are using the QT or OpenGL renderers?
>
> If using OpenGL try reinstalling your video drivers. The problem you
> are describing is a symptom of using not using hardware accelerated
> opengl - e.g.  you've upgraded X and overwritten the Nvidia/ATi
> opengl lib symlinks.

Maybe, maybe not. I inarguably do have hardware-accelerated
OpenGL--the many hours I've watched 1920x1080 programming on my flat
panel testifies to this--but the mythfrontend menu transitions using
the OpenGL renderer have always been slow, as in taking three or four
seconds. This has been true since upgrading my ATrpms-based system to
0.20 in September 2006. (See
<URL:http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/223957#223957>)

Now, the odd thing is that twice I've seen the transition much faster,
like one second. I am pretty sure that in one of these cases this was
right after upgrading the Nvidia drivers to a new version. However,
the transitions reverted to their usual length after I restarted
mythfrontend. Odd, eh?